Carbon Sequestration and Management
Genesis is a key player in large scale Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) projects and has an experienced team of leading technical CCS specialists.
Carbon capture and storage, or sequestration, involves the permanent disposal of CO2 into depleted reservoirs or saline aquifers, primarily to reduce CO2 emissions and meet climate change legislation. CO2 injection has an additional benefit of enhancing oil recovery by using CO2 as a tertiary recovery method to extend the life of marginal oil fields and improve the economics of continued production.
We are a lead contractor on numerous CCS and CO2 enhanced oil recovery (EOR) projects spanning conceptual phase, pre-FEED and FEED. We provide clients with confidence that a CCS evaluation is robust and accurate.
Many challenges are associated with CCS developments. Technical hurdles associated with CO2 properties include technical safety, managing impurities and CO2 solubility. We provide expertise in:
- Onshore facilities: booster compression plants, dehydration and oxygen removal design
- Transportation: offshore pipeline design including safety, managing transients and consents / permitting requirements
- Offshore greenfield developments and brownfield modifications including depressurisation and venting systems and metering design
- Risk and safety management
- Environmental support: permits & consents
- CO2 modelling.
We provide innovative thinking to understand and deliver cost effective solutions to development challenges associated with Carbon sequestration and management.