Accurate estimation of the cost and manhours required for brownfield modifications is crucial for effective economic assessment and shutdown planning.
Genesis uses brownfield cost estimation techniques for projects ranging from Class 4 (conceptual) to Class 2 (detailed design) development phases.
Estimates can be either pure material take-off (MTO) based or a hybrid of MTO and bulk factor based.
The implementation challenges associated with brownfield modifications can vary greatly due, not just to the technical scope, but also to local environmental conditions and logistics, worksite congestion, and workforce skills and working practices.
We have developed a superior spreadsheet based application for developing brownfield costs, featuring:
- Simple user interface that requires no specialist cost estimation experience and results in consistent, high quality reports every time
- Clear definition of local factors, tailored with client input, that contribute greatly to direct and indirect costs
- Concise cost summary reporting
- Cost and manhour breakdowns, allowing project schedules and early site shutdown planning to be carried out
- Tools enabling cost sensitivity analysis with minimal re-work.