Application of CFD to complex and unique challenges has a prominent role in providing bespoke engineering solutions no matter what the size of project.
The advancement of computer processing power means the complex equations associated with CFD can now be solved in timescales that easily fit within commercial project schedules.
For this reason, CFD has become an established industrial design tool as it offers far greater levels of detail and rigour (such as inclusion of three-dimensional effects) than traditional simplified approaches to help decision making.
We have completed CFD studies for a wide range of applications:
- Minimum metal design temperature
- Cold start-up
- Cold leakage following pipeline/riser rupture
- Jet and pool fire survivability
- Natural and forced ventilation
- Gas dispersion, hot plume exhaust and cold vent
- Vapour cloud explosion and blast propagation
- Probabilistic exceedance analysis
- Fire, smoke and radiation
- Helideck environment
- Heat exchanger burst tubes including water hammer effect
- Subsea blowout releases
- Separation processes
- Pigging operations
- Cooldown, Hydrate and wax formation
- Flow-induced vibration
- Wave and current loadings
In addition, we also have a strong background in other specialist modelling techniques (such as Dynamic Simulation, multiphase pipeline flows and emergency depressuring / blowdown) and we are supported by a network of discipline engineering experts.
In this way, we offer a unique blend of knowledge to deliver the most rigorous solutions and to provide clear, feasible design and operational recommendations.