Independent Project Review
Genesis performs independent project reviews at various stages of the project lifecycle to meet different client requirements such as identifying opportunities for value enhancement and performing design reviews of technically challenging aspects.
Typically a project may experience difficulty in progressing through the next Stage gate – economics may not be favourable, or risk may be assessed to be unacceptably high. For example, Genesis can be called upon to provide recommendations to the project team which are then taken on by the project in order to facilitate passage through the stage gate.
We are able to rapidly mobilise an experienced, technically diverse team to perform a “Cold Eyes Review”.
Our approach typically involves:
- extensive project document review
- value engineering workshop with client project team (and often with JV partners)
- coarse screening of opportunities identified (again in workshop environment)
- technical definition and quantification of retained initiatives
- CAPEX / value assessment as appropriate for the project
- report of recommendations