Advanced Structural Analysis
Genesis offers advanced analysis consultancy services tailored to applications in the oil and gas sector. Our team of experienced engineers applies advanced numerical models and software to predict and mitigate events where accidental or impact loads are applied to structures.
With an extensive background in extreme loading analysis and in non-linear finite element analysis, our engineers are accustomed to solving some of the energy industry's most challenging structural loading problems supporting optimization of the structural design.
We provide engineering support and solutions to our clients in upstream areas including:
- Blast response assessments and designs to offshore facilities (Blast wall, Topsides, Living Quarters, Piping and Vessels)
- Fire loading and response assessment and design to offshore facilities (Topsides, Living Quarters, and Vessels).
- Passive Fire Protection (PFP) optimization to offshore facilities (Topsides, and Living Quarters);
- Seismic response assessment for offshore structures including fixed jackets and subsea structures (with dynamic time-history and response loading spectrum analyses)
- Pushover ultimate strength analysis of offshore structures
- Strengthening, Modification, Repair and Retrofit Design (Stress Analysis, Clamp Design, Repair and Extension of Jacket and Topsides)
- Dropped object assessment and mitigation studies of topsides and subsea structures including risers and mooring lines
- Ship collision impact assessments
- Extreme long duration loading and fatigue assessment (hurricane, earthquake, VIV, water wave forces).
- Risk and reliability analysis of structures
- Offshore wind turbine load analysis
- Fatigue / Fracture – Structural Response under Cyclic Loads
- Assessment of Existing Structures and Life Extension Studies (Floating and Fixed Offshore Facilities)
- Fluid Structure Interaction, Coupled Finite Element and Computational Fluid Dynamic Analysis
Downstream expertise includes:
- Facility Siting Studies (in accordance with API 752 and 753)
- Blast response assessments, retrofit and designs to Petrochemical Facilities (Occupied Buildings, Piping and Vessels)
- Fire response assessments, retrofit and designs to Petrochemical Facilities
- Seismic Analysis of Buildings, and Equipment, and Storage Tanks
- Hurricane Assessment of Buildings, and Equipment, and Storage Tanks
- Blast resistant modular building design
- Blast and Fire testing